Thursday, January 20, 2011

Volunteer Spotlight

Today we are spotlighting Ozone volunteer, Logan Berlau. Logan, a student at the University of Arkansas who comes from Katy, TX, is a great asset to Springdale Ozone.

How did you hear about Ozone and why did you want to get involved?
           
I heard about Ozone through friends that worked at Camp War Eagle during the summer. I was interested in working there as well so I decided to volunteer with Ozone so I could understand what Camp War Eagle meant to kids before I started working there in the Summer.

What is your favorite part of Ozone?
           
Hanging out with the kids and sharing my experiences with them about Jesus Christ.

Do you have any funny memories that stick out from your time with Ozone kids?
           
Not one in particular. Basically every game that we do during Ozone is a funny memory for me. Every time we have a game something happens that makes me laugh for the rest of Ozone.

How do you spend your time outside of Ozone and school/work?
           
I am a senior at the University of Arkansas and I also have an internship at Tyson Foods in their trucking department.

What are your plans for the future?
           
Right now my plans are to continue my career with Tyson Foods after I graduate from college.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
           
Probably go to the top of Mt. Everest. The reason I want to go there is, for one, to be on the top of the World, and second, ... to hear what silence actually sounds like. 

No comments: