Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Staff: Hannah Cypert Joins Mentoring Team

Camp War Eagle 365’s newest employee, Hannah Cypert, brings a history with Camp War Eagle and Ozone Ministries, and a love for people to the Mentoring Program. Hannah, who hails from Allen, TX, graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2010 with a degree in Social Work.  Hannah dedicated 3 summers to Camp War Eagle, serving both as a counselor and in a top staff position, overseeing the gymnastics center. During the school year, she furthered her commitment to the program as an intern for Bentonville Ozone, where she continues to volunteer and love the kids!

What is your job description as a part of Camp War Eagle 365?
I work for the Camp War Eagle Mentoring Program as Assistant Director to Brent Jensen.  

What do you view as the best part of your job?
My favorite part this job is getting to do match support with our camp families. I also love recruiting; getting to talk to anybody and everybody about our Mentoring Program. I love to talk about camp!

What does a normal day look like for you, as part of the Mentoring program?
Every day is different. Some days I am in the office setting up appointments or doing match support, some days I go meet with prospective mentors, and on a really great day I get to set up a match!

Tell us about your own experiences in mentoring.
In high School I was a PAL (Peer Assistance Leadership) my junior and senior year. I was matched up with 4 kids a year who were in need of a mentor. Every day I went to their schools and met them in their classrooms. Sometimes we would work on school work, and sometimes we would just play games like Uno and talk! It developed my interest in wanting to work with kids.

Through Bentonville Ozone, I’ve had the chance to co-lead a small group bible study for 7th and 8th grade girls. I’ve been able to mentor a few Ozone girls through the small group. I love middle school!

I have a wonderful mentee through our camp Mentoring program, named Elyssa. She is a very consistent junior high leader in our Bentonville Ozone club. She is exceptionally athletic and musical. She spent a lot of time this past summer teaching me how to shoot a basket properly and how to play some chords on the guitar.  We like to go to Kennedy’s, Chick-fil-a or Skia to drink coffee and do Bible study together. She is a lot of fun.

This semester, I am leading a Bible study at the Tri Delta house on [the University of Arkansas] Campus. I am excited to mentor and encourage those new relationships that are forming.  I was never in a sorority, but I am excited to get to know and to share life with some younger college girls who want to learn more about God’s word. Go Tri Delta!


Why do you think others should become mentors for Camp War Eagle Mentoring?
It’s a great hands-on ministry opportunity impacting Northwest Arkansas community. All of our mentees have been campers at Camp War Eagle in the summertime! The Mentoring program is designed to be a year round follow up program offered to our kids. A consistent positive influence can make a huge impact on the course of a child’s life. Kids are the future. If you love kids and have a heart to encourage, you should become a mentor! It’s a wonder program, and we are excited to offer it.

What do you think it takes to be a good mentor?
Consistency and a joyful heart towards children.


If someone is interested in becoming a mentor or having a mentor, what should they do to become a part of the Camp War Eagle Mentoring program?

They should go online to our website and apply!  Click HERE!
Or, call me at our office at 479-751-8899 ext 4104 

No comments: