Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ozone Intern Spotlight: Samantha Rigsby

Samantha Rigsby has been a dynamic intern for Bentonville Ozone since August 2010. Her open, enthusiastic, and friendly personality has been a tremendous asset to the ministry. The kids love her!

Where are you from?

I am an Army Brat, which means I moved around a lot when I was younger. I tell people I am a “product of the USA,” but now that I am in Arkansas and my family is in Kansas. Kansas is home.
Where do you attend school and what are you studying?

I just transferred from Kansas State to John Brown University and am finishing up my degree in Early Childhood Education. I want to be a 4th grade teacher.

Why did you desire to be an Ozone Intern?

When I was a counselor at Camp War Eagle this summer, the Lord moved in my heart and lead me to Arkansas. He put the girls in my cabin on my heart and I could not imagine leaving for home, six hours away, and not being able to continue growing with girls I had built such great relationships with at camp.  An internship with Ozone was just another door that the Lord opened up when I obeyed His calling, which is just a sign of His awesomeness and sovereignty. How else do you spend your time besides school and Ozone?

I love hanging out with my friends and hosting game nights. I am an avid thrifter, there are so many great stores here! I eat a lot of Hammontrees [Fayetteville grilled cheese restaurant], and find time for arts and crafts and salsa dancing.
If you could have any career, and skills weren’t an issue, what would you choose?

A Broadway performer! I love to sing and dance, but those people are insanely gifted!
What are your plans for the future?

I don’t really know what the Lord has in store for me. I have learned that His plans often look way different than my own, so I try not to think too far into the future. But, for the sake of answering, I plan to finish school and work with kids in some form.
What’s your favorite part of being an Intern with Ozone?

I get to work with Ben [Rediske, Bentonville Ozone Director] and Ellie [Chase, Bentonville Ozone Director].
Do you have any favorite memories or stories from your time with Ozone?

I LOVED the Community Christmas Dinner. It was such a cool thing to be a small part of. (To read more about Camp War Eagle’s 2010 Community Christmas Dinner, click here.)

No comments: