Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fayetteville Ozone welcomes new Director, Alyssa Hanson!


We are pleased and exciting to begin the new year with a new member on our staff. Alyssa Hanson, a native of Tulsa, is a recent graduate of John Brown University, where she was involved with the volleyball team, student government and small-group ministry. She brings a caring heart for students and their lives to Fayetteville! 


What aspects of Ozone are you most excited to experience this year?
I'm really excited about Ozone on Thursday nights and getting to spend time with some of my campers from this summer!! I'm also looking forward to getting to know our Fayetteville kids!

What originally attracted you to working for Ozone?
One of my friends had been a counselor at Camp War Eagle and absolutely loved it. She encouraged me to apply for the next summer, and I was so excited about it! It seemed like it would be an amazing experience, and it really did exceed my expectations! I absolutely loved spending time with my campers and getting to see their hearts. I couldn't imagine anything better than getting to do that year-round. I feel so blessed by this opportunity!

What is your favorite Camp War Eagle memory?
My cabin during fifth session acted out a Disney medley for the Talent Show. We made up motions for songs like "Be Our Guest," "A Whole New World," and "Make a Man Out of You." It was great! Our whole cabin was involved, we had great costumes, and we laughed so much!

What personal gifts or skills are you most excited to share with Fayetteville Ozone? 
I love really getting to know people and see their hearts. I'm excited to share about what the Lord has done in my life and encourage other people in their walk with God. 
     
What does your perfect day look like?
First of all, my perfect day would definitely be warm outside! I was one of the few people who loved the weather out at camp this summer! I would probably be in a different country by the ocean--I love traveling and experiencing different cultures. I would spend time with friends, read a good book, maybe play a game of soccer, and eat some Mediterranean food and ice cream.

Join us in welcoming Alyssa to the CWE365 family and Fayetteville Ozone!

No comments: