Monday, February 4, 2013

CWE365 Student Bloggers: Ashley Wilson, Fayetteville Summit


Ashley, seated center, with Ozone friends!
The following was written by Ashley Wilson, a 9th grader at Woodland Jr High and long time Ozone participant.

The most important thing I have learned at Ozone, since I started going when I was twelve was to "...confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" Romans 10:9. That same year at Camp War Eagle, I had a great counselor named Katie Fisher, who helped me believe and say this. Once I truly believed this was true, my life changed forever.
My Ozone leader Katie Shuett, mentioned she noticed the change. I would read the Bible more often, volunteer to pray and would pray silently to God. Katie took me to church and each time I would ask a lot of questions I wanted answered.
This is what I love about Ozone; the change,… through your relationship with Jesus Christ. You can also ask leaders anything that you are pondering and give them prayer requests, knowing that they will pray. I have changed because they are my role models and I (like every kid) look up to them. These leaders are our "teachers" to show us how to have a successful relationship with The Lord. Once we have a relationship with God, they show us how to continue it. I learn so many things at Ozone each time I go there that it is shocking. Lastly, I love how Alyssa Hanson always has Bible verses to tell you about. Sometimes a Bible verse is what you need to be happy on a sad day or when you want to know more about our amazing Lord who died for our sins!
Some thing else that I love about Ozone is how leaders get you to interact with people. Throughout some games, I guess you can call them trust games, you make friends. I have met so many friends thanks to Ozone! One of my friends I'm so thankful for is Wendy Stuart! She goes to school, CWE, church and Ozone with me. From getting to know her, I love how we can give each other prayer requests and talk to each other when we need comfort.
I'm so proud I have accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and through Ozone have met all of my wonderful Ozone friends! We together help one another get to know the Lord better and we are truly considered a big family nonetheless!

No comments: