Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CWE365 adds Lauren Diehl to Staff


During the summer of 2013, Camp War Eagle broke new ground with it’s first ever, off site day camp. Camp War Eagle at the Jones Center was a huge success. Looking forward to next summer and the 2nd round of day camp, a new staff member has been hired to craft plans will make Day Camp even more fantastic in 2014. Lauren Diehl, a native of Tulsa, OK and former Camp War Eagle counselor, will bring energetic perspective to both Day Camp and SOAR After School Program. Find out more about Lauren below!

What is your new role at CWE365?
Assistant Director of the CWE Day Camp

What is your history with the Camp War Eagle program?
My first summer was in 2010 and I also worked 2011, both years I got to be a counselor! Also, I was on Day Camp top staff in 2013.

What are you most looking forward to in this new role?
It is clear from the addition of the Day Camp and SOAR After School Program that God wants to expand His love in NWA. I am so excited to be a part of helping to pioneer a new CWE program and serve a new group of kids!

What personal attributes are you excited to use to serve CWE?
God has inspired me to be passionate about kids and their families. Also, I like to make things fun! I can do a variety of accents, wear any costume and not feel shame and dance like no one is watching.

If you could sum up your personal vision for Day Camp in 5 words, what would they be?
Love God, love kids in Springdale!

What did you treasure most about being a counselor at CWE? And a Top Staff at Day
Camp?
Camp War Eagle was life changing for me! I accepted Christ my sophomore year of college and worked my first summer at camp after that. My experience at camp my first summer taught me how to live out the great commission and the great commandments. I loved being a counselor and doing life with the girls and my co-counselors! I treasure the mission I learned from God at
CWE! Day Camp was also incredible. What I loved most about serving at Day Camp was caring for kids and their families. We wanted to see God redeem families as a whole and inspire a desire for Christ within each family.

If you could create one special event for Camp War Eagle, what would it be?
I've always thought it would be so cool to have a special event that celebrates holidays from other countries! Or a special event involving hot air balloons and a petting zoo.

No comments: