Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Staff Bring New Ideas to Fayetteville Ozone

This summer, Molly Schmeidler and Joe Collura were hired as new leadership for Fayetteville's Ozone clubs. Both long time Camp War Eagle employees, in a variety of roles, Molly and Joe have already done a fantastic job embracing the campers and families of Fayetteville! Learn more about both below.

Molly Schmeidler
Describe yourself in 3 words: 
Warm, Punctual Sometimes

What attribute of yourself are you most excited to bring to the CWE365 staff:
I love celebrating uncelebrated things (mostly historical holidays).

What are you looking forward to teaching/sharing with campers?
I’m excited to learn alongside them the great experience of knowing God.

What are 5 things that would be part of your best day ever?
1. Sunrise sitting with earl grey and close friends.
2. Custom buttons
3. Kansas Day (celebrating 154 years in January!)
4. Erin Wiltse’s laugh
5. Bonfire

What's your favorite thing about Ozone so far?
Its shown me how God is alive and actively making His kingdom come in NWA.

What is one of your favorite camp memories?
I always get goosebumps during a good fire-up, but I would practically sprout dimples every time the Chow Hall experienced the musical climax of techno “Let it Go” during Planet Pizza.

Joe Collura
Describe yourself in 3 words: 
3 Words- Adventurous, Willing, Wacky.

What attribute of yourself are you most excited to bring to the CWE365 staff:
I'm Just excited to bring a different perspective and really do my best to be diligent in serving my fellow staff and kids!  

What are you looking forward to teaching/sharing with campers?
One of the things I am most excited about is teaching and learning how to serve alongside these campers and  getting to share in those experiences! 

5 Things That Would be involved in my best day ever: 
1. An airplane with an unlimited amount of Gas
2. Every National Park in America
3. 4 Friends
4. 1 big city, probably New York or L.A.
5. Barbecue 

What's your favorite thing about Ozone so far?
I have loved getting to work in the office with everyone and also just getting to know all of the Fayetteville ozone kids and seeing how awesome they are!

What is one of your favorite camp memories?
It has to be the time I caught a snapping turtle in the catch pond of the water-slides; it was pretty big. It almost bit me because Scott Havens (long time staff member) told me to hold it on the sides. (P.S. Never grab a snapper on the sides) I threw it in the woods. What I didn't know at the time was that once they find a body of water they will keep returning to it... someone else ended up catching it again and now that turtle doesn't go back to the water-slides.

No comments: