Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why We Like Ozone, October 2014

It doesn't take but a bit of observation to realize that our students absolutely adore coming to club every week. Recently, we decided to survey a group of consistent 6th-12th graders about what keeps them coming back. Read on to see how they responded.

Why did you start coming to Ozone, and why do you continue to make it a part of your weekly schedule?
"I wanted to keep my heart excited in a very fun way" 6th grader
"CWE [Camp War Eagle] recommended it, and I love CWE"
"Nothing is better than Camp all year round"
"I really thought it would be a good idea to learn more about God with people I know from camp than from strangers"
"For community, involvement, Christine and Matt (my directors), and to learn about the Lord, most importantly" 12th grader
"My directors are awesome! I like to learn from them about God"
"I came to be with all the crazy kids from camp"
"I'm the only person in my family who believes in God. It's great that I get to be at a place where I know I won't be judged. It's AWESOME!"
"I love to see everyone from camp, and I really like small group"
"We aren't judged here... it doesn't matter what we're like. I have a lot of fun and get to know people"
"It's encouraging to be here. It gets better every time!"
"I keep coming because lessons I learn here I want to keep for a lifetime. I know I learn here"
"I like that this is a place I can go to get away from troubles at home. I get to forget problems and just have fun."
"Because the people here show Christ through how they act. I love the people"
"You learn something new every week, whether it's about life or God. No one judges you at all"

As a result of attending club consistently, have you seen any changes in your life?
"I have become more confident and comfortable with others" 11th grade girl
"I feel I've become a better person!"
"Better knowledge of God and the word"
"Yes, I see changes all the time. I also find myself reading the Bible and praying more often"
"I've really been influenced to learn about God and how to accept him in my life"
"I've made more friends"
"I've made more friends than expected, I come because it's fun!"
"All the connections with people!"
"My life has become less depressing. I used to suffer with depression before ozone and now there's a lot more happiness in my life" 12th grader
"Coming to Ozone has changed my attitude."
"I see the world differently"

No matter the city, we receive similar feedback each time we ask our students the truth behind their drive to attend Ozone. They love the people, the atmosphere of acceptance for one another, what they learn and the continuing connection to Camp War Eagle, a place they hold close.

No comments: