Thursday, January 24, 2013

CWE365 Student Bloggers: Tyler, Rogers Summit


Tyler Navas, a Senior at Roger High School, wrote the following as a reflection on his involvement with Rogers Ozone.
Tyler
Like many other fellow Camp War Eagle campers, I heard Ozone pitched during the closing ceremonies of my session. And what a perfect time to tell everyone! It’s the end of the session and we all wish camp could go for just a little while longer… Thanks to Ozone, it does.
Camp has become such a second home to me that it would have been unbearable not to have some connection with it year round. I began attending the still very young Ozone program in 2006, being held at the Rogers Boys and Girls Club at the time, to see if it was what I hoped it would be. I wasn’t disappointed one bit! I definitely felt as though I was missing something if I didn’t go. Even so, looking back on these early Ozone meetings, it’s amazing to see how much has changed and improved to what it is today.
Above all, this program has strengthened relationships. It’s sometimes unsettling to think of all the amazing people I wouldn’t be close to were it not for Ozone. Ozone is able to attract a group of kids and leaders that are a positive influence on each other. You would be hard-pressed to find a more shining example of Christians treating others like a loving family. The best relationship Ozone has strengthened is the one I have with Jesus (and Jesus’ dad of course!). Sure, I can go to church to have a once-a-week refresher, and then go back to my daily life with my faith on the back burner. But personally, I’ve found that through Ozone, my faith has become more evident and applied to daily life.
The Ozone program has been truly wonderful to me. I mean, who wouldn’t like to have fun, faith and friendship all in one place?

No comments: