Thursday, March 28, 2013

Primetime Student Blog: Emmie


Emmie C is a 7th grader at Lincoln Junior High School in Bentonville. Since 2010, she has consistently attended the Ozone program in Bentonville. Emmie is outgoing and kind to others, always making friends and welcoming others to the program. She is always sharing ideas and insights during small group and encouraging others. Recently we asked her to tell us more about why she loves Ozone.
I came to Ozone because I was very outgoing and I had art to express myself. Ozone is a place where it’s okay for you to show your true colors. You aren’t judged for being yourself. Small groups are like family; We talk about our day and how to make it better. We grow and live as a family. We laugh, but we are also serious when it comes to talking about the Gospel (the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ) and about the way Jesus lived his life.
Coming to Ozone has changed my life because at Ozone no one judges you by your background or your family. Everybody cares about one another and I know that during this age where kids change and personalities change, its crucial to have additional positive influences (because all kids know they would, at times, rather hear it from a leader than their parents). There are times where everyone has a bad day, but people at Ozone always cheer you up. You can tell anything to a leader and they won't judge you or go around spreading it to others. They check on you and make sure everything is going okay. If you have any questions about anything they always have an answer and if they don't they will find one. The leaders are excellent role models for any kid. 
Emmie and girls from her small group, at Spring Break Retreat
In ten years I see myself being a leader within a Bible group or Ozone or camp leader. I will remember how to be and act as a leader from my leaders at Ozone. I will take what I learn and apply it to daily life.  I will remember to treat everyone the same and if someone needs extra help or questions I will try to give a thorough answer. 

No comments: