Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rogers Ozone Gains New Director: Bonnie Black!

Rogers Ozone gained a new director in Bonnie Black, this January. Bonnie, a native of NWA who attended Rogers schools herself, has spent the past 3 summers at Camp War Eagle in both counselor and top staff roles. After graduating from John Brown University of Siloam Springs in December, she moved back to Rogers to join the CWE365 staff. We're excited to share in all the joy and blissful happiness she'll bring to the organization! Bonnie shared more about herself, below.

Describe yourself in 3 words: quick to laugh

What attribute about yourself are you most excited to bring to the CWE365 staff?
I'm excited to bring a perspective of someone who grew up in Northwest Arkansas. 

What are you looking forward to teaching/ sharing with campers?
I am really excited to join campers in their journey of knowing God and learning how to follow Him faithfully in day to day life. I am also stoked to share my love for celebrating the small victories in life.

5 things that would be involved in my best day ever:
1. Swedish fish
2. A car full of friends on a road trip
3. My cat patterned shoes
4. Live music
5. Mexican food

What's your thing about ozone so far?
I absolutely love going to school lunches.

What's one of your favorite camp memories?
My favorite camp memories always involve the oldest girls campout. There is always lots of laughter, good food from the campfire, and every better conversation.

If you could create any new special event for Camp War Eagle, what would it be?
I would also create a cat appreciation special event where everyone dresses up as cats and dance to songs with meows instead of lyrics.

No comments: